The thing that makes this recipe amazing is the julienne technique used for the vegetables. Preparing the vegetables this way results in a highly delicate texture which is a delight to eat. Adding the mint gives it a punch and the dressing is a taste-bud explosion.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and finely julienned
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and finely julienned
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced mint leaves
- 1 thinly sliced carrot
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a salad bowl, combine the sweet potato, apple, celery, sesame seeds and mint.
- Drizzle over the dressing, season to taste, and serve.
Tip: If you prefer a creamier dressing, blitz the ingredients with a hand held blender until smooth.